* Blog sponsored by Straight Talk Wireless
The other day, I was talking to my husband about how we can better educate our kids and ourselves when it comes to savings. I noticed that many of you were interested in the subject, and you are not the only ones. Consumers have been saving more than ever, so I decided to share a few saving tips that have worked for me.
1. Record your expenses! It is the only way you can really manage how much money you are spending without any surprise. There are many apps on your smartphone that can help you track your expenses, or you can use a simple excel sheet or a journal. The most important thing is to start doing it on a regular basis and set monthly budgets for each category. 2. Save Money! Set an automatic savings account and a savings goal. It is important to have at least 3 months of spending ready in case of an emergency – I call it an emergency fund. Once your emergency fund is taken care of, you can start to save for other goals like traveling by setting aside a fixed amount monthly.
3. Reduce your spending! Oftentimes, we spend a lot of money without realizing it on recurring expenses like Wi-Fi, cable, or wireless service. Take a look at your monthly expenses, and find ways to cut down on those payments, or look for alternatives. I partnered with Straight Talk Wireless to cut my monthly phone bill, and I was amazed by the difference it made! With their No Fees Phone Payment Plan, you can get the latest smartphones, including the Samsung Galaxy A10e, starting at less than $5 per month. This an excellent option to lower your monthly expenses.
Here are some of the great benefits Straight Talk Wireless offers:
- Affordable no-contract unlimited plans starting as low as $35 dollars a month, and a $45 plan with unlimited talk, text and data with 25GB of high-speed data costs up to 50% less than the big carriers.
- Great deals on the latest smartphones or you can also bring your own device with the Keep Your Own Phone program.
- Coverage on America’s largest and most dependable networks
1. Create a Budget Formula! My formula for budgeting is 50% for things I need (home, car, food, utilities etc.), 30% for things I want (shopping, restaurants, movies, etc.), and 20% for savings (emergency fund, investments, 401K, etc.). What are some of your favorite budget formulas?
For more information and ways to save, visit www.StraightTalk.com, Walmart.com or your nearest Walmart to get everything you need for less!
25GB at high speed, then 2G*
*See terms and conditions at StraightTalk.com
“Up to 50% less” is based on a comparison of the monthly cost of the $45 Straight Talk Unlimited Plan and the monthly cost of a comparable no-contract, single line plan with unlimited talk, text and data on the top two carriers. Excludes taxes, fees, autopay discounts and limited time pricing. Source: Competitor websites, July 2020.