Fun activities for kids!
As the Holiday season approaches and your kids come down from their Halloween sugar highs, you’ll definitely be looking for ways to keep them entertained. Why not look to everyone’s favorite holiday character, Grinch, for inspiration on how to get your holiday cheer on? Here are some tips to plan an activity day that would even put a smile on the Grinch’s furry face:
1. Read “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” The Grinch has plenty of history, and while he has hit the big screen before, it’s important to remember where it all began: the famous book by the one and only Dr. Seuss – written all the way back in 1957! Have your kids practice their reading skills with Dr. Seuss’s catchy rhymes or read it out loud to the group.
2. “Grinch” Coloring Sheets and Games By clicking on this link, unlock Grinch themed coloring sheets, word searches, mazes, and more. Easy to print, these will keep your kids entertained and put them in the holiday spirit! Through this website, you can watch clips of the 1996 version of “The Grinch” as well as find a list of good deeds, such as donating a Dr. Seuss book to a child in need.
3. Transform into Cindy Lou Who The Whos might be known for their love of Christmas, but they are just as well known for their wacky hair-dos and decorations! Try to defy gravity by recreating Cindy Lou Who’s hairstyle with this step by step tutorial.
4. Pin the Heart on The Grinch Put a Grinchy twist on the classic party game “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” by pinning the heart of The Grinch! In the original Grinch film, we see that as Cindy Lou Who teaches him the true meaning of Christmas, his heart gets bigger and bigger, so have your kids turn the Grinch’s frown upside down! Click here for the cut out of The Grinch himself!
5. See “The Grinch” in Theaters! After a long day of fun for the kids, it’s your turn to sit back and relax- you’ve earned it! Take the whole family to your local theater where you can enjoy this year’s best family film. Benedict Cumberbatch’s rendition of the infamous Grinch is sure to make you and kids of all ages laugh until your stomach hurts and warm your heart as he realizes the true meaning of Christmas – surrounding yourself with love! Don’t miss “THE GRINCH” in theaters November 9th! Catch the trailer here: https://youtu.be/vjnqABgxfO0